Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Nahum 1:7

I was encouraged when I read this verse.

Nahum 1:7

The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.


God knows us! When everything in the world seems chaotic, the best thing is go cling to God, go to God, and trust Him. We see the examples over and over in the Bible. Yet we who live in the modern days don't actually do it for some reason. I battle in my mind. But if I confess in worship ( services, songs, etc.) that He is the source of everything, I have to act on it even though I fail again and again. Paul says in his letter to the Galatians that the old sinful nature loves to do evil which is opposite from what the Holy Spirit wants, and the Spirit gives us desires that are opposite from what the sinful nature desires. He also says that these two forces are constantly fighting each other and we are NEVER free from this conflict. So... I am reminded that I need to make a choice...

(from 10/24/2008)

No comments: