Monday, October 12, 2009

3 forces in 3 levels

I am back from my 2-week visit to my hometown.
I reached my hand to an inductive Bible Study book I did some years ago. Reading Galatians over and over caused me to notice that Paul repeats the same thing 3 times often. We can see it in the New Living Translation. I seem to understand better reading New Living Bible if I am reading to get the concept as a whole. I use other translations when I study the scriptures, like word by word.

The armor or God in Paul's letter to the Ephesians is well-known and even kids memorize the verses. Well, I couldn't. For some reason I could never grasp this for all these years as kids were growing up. But the New Living translations helped me get the picture more clearly because in this translation it explains that we are against the evil that are in 3 levels. It suddenly clicked in my mind! I am glad.

We are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood, but against..

1) the evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world
2) those mighty powers of darkness who rules this world
3) wicked spirits in the heavenly realms

I can see more clearly finally.


(10/21/2008)

No comments: