Tuesday, October 13, 2009

my study of Genesis

B'REISHEET - In The Beginning


God is called Elohim again in Gen 4 (except that part that Eve is talking about God).

I thought it was interesting.

The word snake derived from 'whisper'. That makes me think that whatever the shape it was, it whispered to Eve. And the snake became the shape of snake we know AFTER God cursed him. So....what did he look like before the curse??

Cain killed Abel, and Seth was born later.
Cain's descendants' years are not recorded where as Seth's line is recorded in detail.
Cain's line is Enoch - Irad, - Mehujael - Methushael - Lamech.
Seth's line is Enosh - Kenan - Mahalalel,- Jared - Enoch - Methuselah - Lamech.

Since Cain's family's years are not recorded, I don't know if they line up like this, but they have similar names. Interesting.
In Chuck Missler's website, he wrote the meanings of Seth's descendants' names if anyone is interested. Personally, I love reading those things but I try not to put too much thoughts into it. I keep it in the back of my mind. If I get into something like that, ( which I tend to do) I might loose balance and I don't want to do that.

Whenever somebody's name ends with -el, that has something to do with God.
Mahalalel (Mahalal'el) means praise of God. There are other famous names like Daniel and Nathaniel.

These are the things I learned and wondered.
(from 11/07/2008)

No comments: