Tuesday, November 16, 2010

In His Presence

Last Sunday I met someone who has been healed from his stage 3 esophagus cancer. He prayed for me. He said that he did not know how to pray in a fancy way but he just prays for people. How wonderful! He said he never doubted that Jesus would heal him. Hmmm.... have I doubted? I have to say that I wondered if He would do that for me even though I believe firmly that Jesus can heal people miraculously. But I will keep believing and will not doubt.

He also said that he stays in the presence of the LORD. I need to be reminded of that. It is amazing that even when I am diagnosed with a devastating disease, I need to be reminded of that! But I took it as reality. I need to realize that spending time and tarrying with Jesus is not  just a relaxing time. It is the most important time. So I am tarrying more.

A lady at church told me several weeks ago that I should not wait until I am healed before I start praying for other people. I have been looking for an opportunity to come. Then last Thursday on my way home from another chemotherapy I saw a lady in a wheelchair with a cap on. She had lost her hair. Her husband was pushing her wheelchair. I had no time to hesitate because my heart went out to this young lady and I had compassion for her. I wanted her to know Jesus wanted to heal her. I am usually a shy person, but I introduced myself to her at the parking lot and gave her a copy of the list of healing scriptures I got form the Bethel church in Redding. I prayed one sentence in Jesus' name and left. (They were kind of in a hurry to get to the pharmacy before it closed.)

Jesus, we need you!

Praise God. Thank you God. I continue to do well through chemotherapy. Jesus is the center of the gospel. When I seek the kingdom of God first, other things will be also given to me and all who believe.


"And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."  Mark 16:17-18

No comments: