Monday, November 22, 2010

Great example

Here is one of the first thing I googled after my doctor told me the prognosis. He basically said there was no cure for me and the treatment was to keep my body alive longer on this earth. I hardly knew the Osteens but suddenly I remembered she was healed of metastatic liver cancer miraculously. I looked for her story because I wanted to know what she did, and I wanted to follow her example.

Dodie Osteen

She showed me how to choose life.

The Word of God is powerful. Knowing His Words and living as I hear from God is how I want to live. Modern medicine and the knowledge the doctors and nurses have are wonderful and I respect them but all the glory belong to God. Doctors treat but Jesus heals. Now is my chance to live closer with God, trusting, believing that His will is to heal. Because it is His will to heal us all. We all die but we don't have to die with sicknesses and diseases. No. We leave this world when our Father calls us home.

One of the scriptures that has come to me often is from Mark.

"And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."  Mark 16:17-18

My Dream
 
Right before my first chemotherapy I didn't really want to go for it, then I had a dream. In my dream I was walking through a dark, poor neighborhood. I could see inside of some of the homes (it was more like rooms). As I looked into one of them, people wrapped in gray cloths were reclining in mattresses. Then I said to myself, "It is a death room!" and I ran. I was afraid to get the chemotherapy because I knew it would kill not just the cancer cells, but also my healthy ones... The room I was about to enter for the first chemotherapy reminded me of the room I saw in my dream. But God reminded me of the scripture many times before I went in. I threw my arms into the air and prayed to God and then I said the scripture, believing that the poison (chemo) would not harm me, then I placed my right hand on myself and said the last part of the scripture. I once had my non-charismatic friend lay her hand on me as I said this scripture right before my MRI, too. We were praying in a little locker room where I changed my clothes and other people could have heard us but we just prayed with tears in our eyes. I am so thankful I am a family member of God.

I am doing better and better after chemotherapy started. The "poison" is working to attack the cancer but not harming my body. I believe the scripture is active. Praise our Father!

No comments: