Thursday, December 15, 2011

PET scan

Today I had an appointment for a PET scan.
I was praying and thinking about something to say to the scan tech person. Something that honors God and something that encourages me and hopefully him. I wanted to see God's glory.  This was my 5th time to see him. I ended up saying, "My body will not suck up any of the radioactive nuclear medicine you are about to inject in my blood." He smiled and said, "That's good!" It turned out to be more for me than anything else.  I think I was hoping that would be a prophetic word over myself. I prayed hard while I was waiting for the medicine to go through my body - for 90 minutes. I prayed, then fell asleep, then I prayed. I felt like I was ready when the tech came to get me.

On my way out, I saw somebody I knew. Her doctor found a spot in her lung. Without hesitation I reached out to her and whispered a prayer for her. I forgot how shy I was. When love is first, fear (due to shyness) disappears! I believe she will be okay.

The person I got to know through my brother-in-law texted me the other day. We haven't met each other yet, but we talk on the phone and pray for each other. She was also diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer. When I talked to her about a month ago, she was coughing so much that she could not continue talking. Well, in her text the other day she said that her PET scan showed that the tumor had not only stopped growing but it has shrunk to almost nothing! I called her and she was not coughing at all this time. 

God does not change. I want to brag about Him.

No comments: