Friday, December 24, 2010

God is the one we should fear.

After chemo is over (because that was all the doctor could do) and now I am moving on to the maintenance treatment, I was feeling alone and a little worried about my body. When I worry, I know that is when I am not reading enough words. While I was receiving a treatment (not chemo) at the doctor's office last week, I read these words in the Bible.
"The Lord has given me a strong warning not to think like everyone else does. He said, “Don’t call everything a conspiracy, like they do, and don’t live in dread of what frightens them. Make the Lord of Heaven’s Armies holy in your life. He is the one you should fear. He is the one who should make you tremble. He will keep you safe." (Isaiah 8:11-14a, NLT) 
 !!!
It is a strong warning. I told myself to be strong because the only one to fear is the LORD of hosts.
Our God is a wonderful Counselor, a mighty King!

No comments: