Friday, January 1, 2010

The three kings

In Genesis, the place "east" is mentioned here and there. When I
first noticed that Abraham gave gifts to Isaac's half brothers and
sisters (?) and sent them to "east", I wondered if their descendants
were related to the three kings who went to visit Jesus, the
Messiah. Otherwise, why would anyone in other parts of the world
be interested? Okay, maybe they did, but why not the other
descendants of Abraham? I just wondered.

To me, they don't seem to be just astrologers because they
seem to have known the promise God gave to Abraham.
But unto the sons of the concubines, which Abraham
had, Abraham gave gifts, and sent them away from
Isaac his son, while he yet live, eastward, unto the
east country. Genesis 25:6
Jacob went to the east, too.

Then Jacob went on his journey, and came into the
land of the people of the east. Genesis 29:1

Just as Rahab had heard about the Israelites' God and believed,
could the sons of Abraham have wanted to know more about
the promise to Abraham? Am I totally wrong? I wonder.

No comments: