Sunday, January 24, 2010

Audio Bible and memorizing scriptures

I have been listening to the Bible in the car. I am listening to the end of Genesis, and on to Exodus. The other day I was listening to the part where Joseph had a dream. Then I laughed when I heard what Jacob said to Joseph regarding the dream.

This time he told the dream to his father as well as to his brothers, but his father scolded him. “What kind of dream is that?” he asked. (Genesis 37:10, NLT)

How do you answer to the question, "What kind of dream is that?" Isn't it unreasonable to ask a question like that? No one can control dreams. I thought it was funny.


memorizing scriptures
When I memorize scriptures, I try all sorts of things like listening, typing, writing, even drawing so that they will stick to my heart and brain. I used to be scared of the fact that I was getting older and forget things more. Then I heard an old lady say that if you can't keep the water in a colander, dip the colander in the water and keep it there. I agreed! So I decided to keep my mind in the Scriptures whenever I could. It's a good thing.

No comments: