Thursday, April 28, 2011

Skin infection

Chapter 13 is about skin infection.

Dr. Feinberg in Walk Leviticus! says the infection is different from Hansen's Disease or contagious leprosy.

The title at the beginning of chapter 13 in English Standard Version says "Laws About Leprosy "and the second verse says "and it turns into a case of leprous disease." New American Standard Bible calls it leprosy also.  It is confusing...is it because of the nature of the Hebrew language?

I use New American Standard Bible for study, and New Living Translations when I try to capture the big picture instead of studying words. I have also been using King James version because I can check the corresponding Hebrew words.

In King James Version, it says "and it be in the skin of his flesh like the plague of leprosy." It says 'like the plague of leprosy.' So I see that it is not leprosy in the original language.

No comments: